Vigabatrin Savings Program
Save up to $75* for each prescription of Amneal Vigabatrin for Oral Solution
*Max benefit of $75 per monthly prescription fill. See Eligibility and Terms below.
Exclusively for Amneal-labeled Vigabatrin for Oral Solution, USP
This product carries a boxed warning. Please see Important Safety Information below.
Here’s how the Copay Card works:
- Present this card or BIN, Group and ID numbers to your pharmacist along with a valid prescription.
- Eligible, commercially insured patients may receive up to $75* off their out-of-pocket cost for their monthly Amneal Vigabatrin for Oral Solution prescription.
- If you have any questions, please feel free to call 330-757-8402.
To Patient: Commercially insured patients can use this copay card to reduce out-of-pocket expenses on eligible prescriptions filled with Amneal Vigabatrin for Oral Solution. Mention this offer to your pharmacy along with a valid prescription for an FDA-approved use. This offer is valid for a maximum savings of $75 per monthly prescription fill. By using this offer, you acknowledge that you meet the Eligibility Criteria and will comply with the Terms and Conditions set forth below.
To Pharmacist: Offer valid for SECONDARY claims only. Process a Coordination of Benefits (COB/split bill) claim using the patient’s prescription insurance for the PRIMARY claim. Submit the SECONDARY claim to PDMI under BIN: 610020. Patient will receive a maximum of $75 off per monthly prescription fill for their out-of-pocket cost.
For pharmacy processing questions, please call 330-757-8402.
Eligibility Criteria/Terms & Conditions:
- This offer is only good for use by patients with a valid prescription for an eligible product with an approved indication at the time the prescription is filled and dispensed to the patient.
- This card is not valid for use by patients enrolled in Medicare, Medicaid, or other federal or state programs (including any state pharmaceutical assistance programs), or private indemnity or HMO insurance plans that reimburse you for the entire cost of your prescription drugs. Patients may not use this card if they are Medicare-eligible and enrolled in an employer-sponsored health plan or prescription drug benefit program for retirees. This offer is not valid for cash-paying patients.
- Maximum savings limit applies; patient out-of-pocket expense may vary. Offer applies only to prescriptions filled before the program expires.
- Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC reserves the right to rescind, revoke, or amend this offer without notice. Offer good only in the USA, including Puerto Rico, at participating pharmacies. This offer is not valid for residents of Massachusetts. Void if prohibited by law, taxed, or restricted.
- This card is not transferable. The selling, purchasing, trading, or counterfeiting of this card is prohibited by law. This card has no cash value and may not be used in combination with any other discount, coupon, rebate, free trial, or similar offer for the specified prescription. This offer is not health insurance.
- By redeeming this card, you acknowledge that you are an eligible patient and that you understand and agree to comply with the terms and conditions of this offer.
*Max benefit of $75 per monthly prescription fill; $6,000 per calendar year for all Amneal products.
Note: Prescribing and dispensing this product is subject to an FDA-approved Risk Evaluation and Mitigation Strategy (REMS). Visit vigabatrinREMS.com or call 866-244-8175 for REMS-related information.
Vigabatrin for Oral Solution
Important Safety Information
- Abnormal magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) signal changes have been observed in some infants treated for infantile spasms with vigabatrin. These changes generally resolved with discontinuation of treatment, and resolved in a few patients despite continued use.
- Antiepileptic drugs (AEDs), including vigabatrin, increase the risk of suicidal thoughts and behavior. Monitor patients for the emergence or worsening of depression, suicidal thoughts or behavior, and/or any unusual changes in mood or behavior.
- As with all AEDs, discontinue vigabatrin gradually to avoid withdrawal seizures. However, if withdrawal is needed because of a serious adverse event, rapid discontinuation can be considered. Patients and caregivers should be told not to suddenly discontinue vigabatrin therapy.
- Vigabatrin can cause anemia, peripheral neuropathy, weight gain, and edema. Vigabatrin can cause somnolence and fatigue. Advise patients not to drive or operate machinery until they know how vigabatrin will affect them.
- In clinical studies of 4,079 vigabatrin-treated patients, the most common (≥5%) adverse reactions associated with the use of vigabatrin in combination with other AEDs were headache, somnolence, fatigue, dizziness, convulsion, nasopharyngitis, weight gain, upper respiratory tract infection, visual field defect, depression, tremor, nystagmus, nausea, diarrhea, memory impairment, insomnia, irritability, abnormal coordination, blurred vision, diplopia, vomiting, influenza, pyrexia, and rash.
- The adverse reactions most commonly associated with vigabatrin treatment discontinuation in ≥1% of patients were convulsion and depression.
- In patients with infantile spasms, the adverse reactions most commonly associated with vigabatrin treatment discontinuation in ≥1% of patients were infections, status epilepticus, developmental coordination disorder, dystonia, hypotonia, hypertonia, weight gain, and insomnia.
- Dose adjustment of phenytoin should be considered if clinically indicated, since vigabatrin may cause a moderate reduction in total phenytoin plasma levels. Vigabatrin may moderately increase the Cmax of clonazepam resulting in an increase of clonazepam-associated adverse reactions.
- Suppression of alanine transaminase (ALT) and aspartate transaminase (AST) activity by vigabatrin may preclude the use of these markers, especially ALT, to detect early hepatic injury. Vigabatrin may increase the amount of amino acids in the urine, possibly leading to a false positive test for certain rare genetic metabolic diseases (e.g., alpha aminoadipic aciduria).
- Do not use vigabatrin during pregnancy unless the potential benefit justifies the potential risk to the fetus. Pregnancy Registry: To provide information regarding the effects of in utero exposure to vigabatrin, physicians should recommend that pregnant patients taking vigabatrin enroll in the North American Antiepileptic Drug (NAAED) Pregnancy Registry. Patients must call the toll-free number 1-888-233-2334 to enroll. Registry information can be found at http://www.aedpregnancyregistry.org/.
- Vigabatrin is excreted in human milk and may cause serious adverse events in nursing infants. Discontinue nursing or discontinue vigabatrin, taking into account the importance of the drug to the mother.
- Dose adjustment, including initiating treatment with a lower dose, is necessary in pediatric patients 10 years of age and older and adults with mild (creatinine clearance >50 to 80 mL/min), moderate (creatinine clearance >30 to 50 mL/min) and severe (creatinine clearance >10 to 30 mL/min) renal impairment.
©2022 Amneal Pharmaceuticals LLC. All rights reserved. VISWP-10 11/12/2021