India Press Release DetailsView All News
Amneal strengthens commitment in India as Co-CEO Chirag Patel leads the Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Working Group within the U.S.-India CEO Forum
Mumbai, India: Amneal Pharmaceuticals, Inc. (NYSE: AMRX) announced the company’s Co-founder and Co-CEO Chirag Patel’s appointment as U.S. Chair of the Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Working Group within the U.S.-India CEO Forum by U.S. Department of Commerce Secretary Gina M. Raimondo. Mr. Patel will join CEOs from a number of other industries in the Forum, which is being organized by the U.S. Department of Commerce and India Ministry of Commerce and Industry in New Delhi, India on March 10, 2023. The forum will bring CEOs and government officials from both countries together to share their vision on the growth opportunities between the United States and India.
Amneal Pharmaceuticals is a leading U.S.-based affordable medicines company with a longstanding R&D and manufacturing footprint in India. The company also recently expanded its presence with the initiation of its India commercial operations in October 2022.
“It is an honor for me to have been appointed by Secretary Raimondo to help lead this significant public-private endeavor on behalf of the healthcare and pharma sector. The deep roots and expanding investments by Amneal in both countries will be crucial in ensuring that patients in India, the United States, and elsewhere can get access to high-quality, affordable medicines. We have already invested over USD 500 million in India and continue to explore opportunities to extend partnerships with government and other stakeholders to deliver outcomes that address unmet medical needs. Through this forum, we look forward to strengthening economic partnerships while also working together to resolve critical business challenges faced by the healthcare/pharmaceutical industry across both rapidly growing countries ” said Chirag Patel, co-founder and co-CEO of Amneal Pharmaceuticals and Chair, Healthcare and Pharmaceuticals Sector Working Group, U.S.-India CEO Forum.
The CEO Forum is convened as a platform to allow private sector members to develop and provide recommendations to the Indian and U.S. governments and their senior officials that reflect private sector views, needs, concerns, and suggestions about the creation of an environment in which their respective private sectors can partner, thrive, and enhance bilateral commercial ties to expand trade and economy.
While Amneal continues its growth journey in the U.S. pharmaceutical industry, the company is deeply committed to expanding in India and has been strengthening its long-term investment in the country by:
- Continuing its strong manufacturing presence in India with 9 facilities located across Ahmedabad, Hyderabad, Vishakhapatnam and Dahej.
- In October 2022, the company started its commercial operations in India, focused on critical care business, and will be bringing to market an innovative portfolio for Ophthalmology, Oncology, Rare Diseases and CNS therapy areas.
- Enhancing Indian R&D and manufacturing capabilities with investment of over $500 million since 2008, including the 2021 acquisition of Puniska Healthcare’ world-class injectables manufacturing facility and building a biopharmaceutics manufacturing capacity for India and global market.
- Advancing and expanding a highly skilled R&D and manufacturing workforce of over 5,200 employees in India.
- Maintaining Amneal’s foundational commitment to global quality manufacturing, providing world-class quality affordable medicines for improved patient outcomes in India.